Monday, December 25, 2017

Day One of the Top 2000 - Witchy Woman...

Welcome to the first day of the Top 2000 countdown!  Today we are counting down the best songs of all time, from #2000 to #1813.

I picked Witchy Woman, by the Eagles, which come in at #1823...



I spent wayyy too much time on this one, so I'm already behind schedule, but I had a lot of fun with it!  I think I got lost in the moodiness of the song. The candles were done in watercolor on a separate piece of paper, and glued down to the mixed media background. 

In case you are in a Witchy Woman mood, here's a video of the Eagles singing it, back in the 70's...





The Top 2000 Countdown party is hosted by my friend Marit Barentsen on her blog.  If you want to find out more about the Top 2000 Party, click here:  All About the Top 2000 Blog Party 

and if you want to see all of the beautiful work that's being submitted for day one - click here:  Marit's Day One Blogpost.  At the time I am writing this, there are already 28 pieces submitted for today!

It'd be great fun if you want to play along!

Thanks for visiting and I will see you tomorrow for day two!

1 comment:

Marit said...

I know how it feels when you get 'lost in creating'... those candles must have taken you hours to create but they sure look stunning! As does the whole page actually, great take on this song! See you tomorrow (oops, that's in only one hour here in the Netherlands... we're ahead of you, you know) Merry Christmas my friend!