Saturday, January 9, 2016

Happy New Year! How's it going so far?

Hi friends!  I can't believe it's already January 9th - eek!  How are you doing?  Do you have any fun creative projects going for the new year?  I've been super busy, but having a great time!  I love this time of year so much - everything is new again! 

This year I'm trying a new approach to journaling, by giving each project/workshop/challenge, it's own journal.  It's been fun setting this up, because each journal is a little different in terms of size and paper type.  (More details on that to come). Here's what I've got so far...
Left to right:  Book of Days, Wanderlust, Fauxbonichi, Artfully Inspired Life, Documented Life and Journal 52. 

I'm also taking part in No Excuses, and a workshop called Imagine monthly.  Haven't figured out how I will approach those just yet.

Here's a list of the journaling workshops I'm taking, with a short, "unofficial" description.  There's a link for each one that will take you to the page with more information and registration info.  I hope it's helpful...

Book of Days
Teacher: Effy Wild
Goes all year.  In-depth with multiple elements, such as: monthly themes, oracle card pulls, daily journaling prompts and much more.  Focuses on mixed media.

Wanderlust
Facilitated by Everything Art, with 26 guest teachers
Goes all year. Combination of  learning about mixed media product usage and miscellaneous techniques. Focuses on mixed media and exploring a variety of styles.

Artfully Inspired Life
Teacher: Joanne Sharpe
Goes all year.  Fill up a mixed media journal with beautiful art, new lettering techniques, and journaling.  Focuses on watercolor and lettering, and lots of bright colors!

Documented Life Project 2016: The UnPlanner
Teachers: Art to the Fifth Women
Another year-long project, that uses a ring-bound planner system to document memories in a unique and artsy way. 

Imagine Monthly
Teacher: Paivi Eerola
This class goes for six months - January - June, with a new mini-class each month.  The intention is to get you thinking outside the box to create art that is uniquely you!


I'll be back soon to share how it's going with each workshop.  So far, I am LOVING them all!

I hope your new year is going well so far!  Thanks for visiting and I will see you again soon!


3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are starting the year off with a bang! Can't wait to see what you create with these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anna said...

Woweee, what a great list! Looking forward to seeing your work! :)

Theresa Merkling said...

Glad to see I'm not the only journal class junkie out there... even taking most of the same classes...