Thursday, November 5, 2015

Day 5 of NaNoJouMo: Fauxbonichi Journaling...

Hi friends!  It's time for day 5 of the NaNoJouMo Challenge!  For day five, I created a page in my Fauxbonichi Journal.

You may already know this, but just in case you don't - A Fauxbonichi is based on the Japanese art of Hobonichi Journaling.  A Hobonichi is a specific journal you can buy, that has a page-a-day, grid format. It is used in all kinds of ways - here's a link to a  promo video. The first time I saw that video I was like WOAH - I'm in LOVE!  But I didn't get around to getting one of the journals or trying it, until I found the Fauxbonichi Journalers group on Facebook.  This group is so much fun!  They have a new challenge for most days of the week, which makes it fun and easy to fill up your pages, plus they are a super nice and supportive group of people! 

For my "faux-bonichi," I am using a Leuchtturm 1917 A5 notebook, and writing/stamping the header each day. For this particular page, I combined their "Tuesday Tangle," and "hand-lettering" challenges, along with my journaling for the day.

Day 5:
"Much Ado About A Notebook"
Pitt Pen, Tombow Marker and watercolor.


For the hand-lettering challenge, I referenced this video on youtube...


For more info on the Fauxbonichi Journalers Group, click here.
For more info on the NaNoJouMo challenge, click here.

Thanks so much for visiting!  I appreciate you!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the colors and LOVING that "much ado about notebooking"! LOL!!