Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day 10 of NaNoJouMo: When You Don't Have Much Time...

Hi again friends!  Today's page is another example of what to do when you only have a few minutes to spare, (which was my situation today).

I hate to waste paint; so when I am working on a project, and there ends up being leftover paint on my palette, I swipe it into a number of journals that I have, that are set aside specifically for that purpose.  Eventually, after I do enough paint slapping, it starts to look like something, and then I go in and finish the page.  It's fun and low pressure.

This is one of the journals I use for this purpose.  It's actually a book that I purchased when I was on a getaway with my girlfriends to Door County, Wisconsin.  We visited a super-inspiring indoor/outdoor art gallery, and they had this recipe book for sale:


I wasn't too interested in the recipes, but I loved the title, and the fact that there were beautiful pictures inside of the artwork in the gallery. So I brought it home; and now I'm using it as an art journal.

Anyhoo, I had this page almost finished, so today I just added the quote and a little doodling and I'm calling it done!  Here's how it turned out...

Day 10
"Walking Each Other Home"

If you don't have a "leftover paint swiping" journal, I encourage you to try it!  It's lots of fun, and it makes for some quick and easy journaling when you are short on time!

For more info on the NaNoJouMo challenge, click here.

Thanks so much for visiting!  I appreciate you!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING those hearts!!! And what a great book to alter!!!!!

Annet said...

Fun to see what you can create with leftover paint! I don't smash it in a journal, but on the leftover pages I removed from my altered books. They are great for collaging (like the peacock transfer in the Mixed Emotions workshop)!