Friday, February 27, 2015

Planner Journal Update...

Just a quick share of my planner/journal pages for last week...

On the left is the valentine I got from Michael; and on the right is a little note he left me on a napkin one morning, tucked into a "Smashbook" brand ziplock bag.

Here's how the left side looks with the flap open...

and the right side with the flap open.  The drawing is done with pitt pen, and most of the color is done with tombow marker...

I'm learning to use a parallel pen in my Artfully Inspired Life class...

Oh my goodness - these pens are the coolest things ever!  They are calligraphy pens that work with ink cartridges, and come in different nib widths.  The ink flows so nicely, and I love the fact that it's water soluble, which allows you to add some bleeding around the lines.  So fun!

American Songwriter's Lyric of the Week was a fave of mine, so I printed out the article and tucked it into an envelope...

Some journaling pages.  On the right is the result of one of those online quizzes that are always roaming around on facebook.  This one was "what color fairy are you?"  I liked that I ended up being a fairy with a crow, so I added it onto the page as a flap...

Here's the back side of the flap, where I added another flap...

and here's the extra flap opened...

Tonight I'm working on finishing up my February pages in this journal, so I will be ready to start March on Sunday!

I hope you are having a fabulous Friday my friends!  Thanks so much for visiting!

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and that calligraphy pen is AMAZING!!!!

Kim T said...

Hummmm ... I wasn't sure about the parallel pens, but this makes me reconsider. I got a few calligraphy markers, but I"m really not happy, but it could be that struggle to learn the technique. Random thoughts! Your pages are delightful, fun to look at. I've been bitten by the planner bug, so esp love this. Thanks as always!

Pierrette Goupil said...

I love your journal, beautiful bright colors and all... you're an inspiration, Michelle! Thank you for sharing.

Leacayoungart said...

wow! love your planner pages. adorable.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thank you so much for your kind words everyone! I really appreciate hearing from you!

Kim T - I had a hard time with the calligraphy markers too. The parallel pens are so much easier to work with!

Marit said...

Ha, I do take those facebook-quizzes from time to time..just for fun. It's a great idea to print the outcome when you like it, the fairy with the crow is so YOU! Love it! Have a great weekend Michelle1

Sharon Fritchman said...

All I can say is WOW! These pages are totally and absolutely awesome, as always, Michelle. I need to try the pen!!!!

Heating Contractors Garden Grove said...

You're the best