Wednesday, February 18, 2015

No Excuses Planner Journal Update...

I finished a week in my new No Excuses Planner journal and I'm excited to share it with you!  I'm really glad I made the switch from working in a premade planner to using this watercolor journal.  I've been playing with my tombows and a waterbrush and oh what a difference using the right paper makes!

Here's how the week turned out. In case it's not obvious, the color for the month is pink!

I made note of the different pinks I used at the bottom of the page.  I discovered some new ones I hadn't really used much before, like the port red - love it!

It's really fun being able to journal like this.  The teacup was a drawing prompt at the No Excuses Facebook group...


On both the pages above and below, I drew my journaling lines with pink tombows.  The difference is that on the page below, I went back over the tombow lines with my waterbrush, to make them spread.

On the right you can see my new stamps from Jessica.  As soon as I received them I tried them out in my journal, using  my tombow markers and different amounts of water.  As you can see,  Krishna didn't get enough water, the hamsa hand got too much, and the tree of life was just right!  It's fun to experiment, and when you do it in your journal, you have a record for future reference. I also wanted to record the meanings for each of the symbols.
I hope this is helpful!

That's all I have finished so far.  Tonight I'm going to work on doing some calligraphy for the Artfully Inspired Life workshop in this book.  I will let you know how it goes!

Thanks so much for visiting!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooo gorgeous! You KNOW I am LOVING all the PINK!!!!!

Melissa said...

I absolutely love your pages! Gorgeous colors and amazing handwriting!

Pierrette Goupil said...

I love that you are doing your own planner. Great idea! Your work is really beautiful, Michelle. I love this month's color too! Thanks for sharing.

Monica said...

I was unable to comment on Bloglovin so that means another go at them. Oh well the joys of High Tech. I do like how you are creating your NE journal. last year i used ARC and i really did not like the paper and so this year I drew a grid on some extra Arc paper and decided to go with using WC paper for other things. So it really makes me want to change to all WC after viewing your pages. Mine will never be that good.

dawn said...

Michelle, it's so good to catch up on your posts. Happy you are sharing so much this week, will come back to read the ones below over the weekend.

I LOOOOOVE seeing all this pink, how fun to do it all in one color. The tea cup is so pretty!! Love all that you've done and your writing just makes your pages so extra pretty every time friend. YAY for playing with new colors too. Keep having fun! HUGS!

ufoide@gmail.com said...

your planner is wonderful!
what kind of support you use?

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thank you so much for all your kind words everyone!

Melania - I use a Global Arts Handbook Watercolor Journal. It's 8 x 10." Love it so much!
Thanks for asking!

Unknown said...

Loving seeing your planner evolve. The stamps look so pretty in pink too!

Anonymous said...

I am wondering if you used a ruler for your pink lines? Or how did you space them so evenly?
I love your journals especially your use of color. Very inspiring to me! Thank you!

anna said...

Yummmmmmmmeeeeee! Adore your style!!

anna said...

Yummmmmmmmeeeeee! Adore your style!!