Saturday, January 3, 2015

January Creative Goals and first Journal Page of the New Year...

Hey friends!  How's your new year going so far?  Mine is going great!  I'm taking an insane number of workshops this month and feeling very inspired!

One of them is Joanne Sharpe's Artfully Inspired Life.  The first lesson went up on the first, and it's jam-packed with fun stuff to do!  The first thing is to create a title page - here's mine...


 (pitt pen, QOR watercolors, tombow marker, white uniball signo pen, stickles diamond glitter)

This page took quite a few hours to complete, but I was taking my time and getting zen with it.  So much fun and so relaxing!

I made myself a goal of doing one journal spread each day in January.  At the end of the month, I will re-evaluate for February.

Here's a list of what I'm participating in this month, (with links in case you want to join in!):

Artfully Inspired Life with Joanne Sharpe
Lifebook 2015 with Tam Laporte and many more
Book of Days 2015 Vol. 1 - Ordinary Beauty with Effy Wild
2015 Year of the Spark with Carla Sonheim and Lynn Whipple
Sketchbook Skool Bootkamp with Koosje Koene and Danny Gregory
Inner Alchemy Circle - Animal Spirits & Archetypes with Mindy Tsonas and more
No Excuses: Year of Color with Gina Rossi Armfield
Documented Life Project with Art to the 5th Academy


I did not start out with the intention of taking this many workshops.  I signed up for Life Book and No Excuses many months ago, and then, as each of the other course description showed up online I was like - Yes!  I must do that too!!!   I eventually ended up with this ridiculously large list.   I am looking at it as a challenge to see if I can keep up.  No pressure, just fun!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I wish you a Super- inspiring Saturday!




8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! LOVING that tree! GORGEOUS!!!!!

Marit said...

an artful inspired life... that is indeed what we live Michelle! YOU are such an inspiration too! I'm busy tying the loose artsy ends of last year, meaning that I am finishing the last pages in my Chronicles 2014 and plan to bind a new journal this weekend for 2015 (already have the signatures fold and the cover made... just need to push holes and bind it... I want to try a special binding and that will take probably more time than usual... hope to start tomorrow) It's quite a long list of workshops you are taking but they all sound like so much fun! Keep breathing while working on it ;) Have a great weekend dear, oh, and did I wish you Happy New Year yet? If not: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

anne g-i said...

Your tree and the word "life" are amazing - and your page...what a wonderful start to the new year!

laurie said...

If your journal page is any indication, you are going to have a fantastic year! I love that tree - so many beautiful details.

Ms. Lucie said...

Michelle, I absolutely love your journal page-that tree is amazing! I cannot believe how much you have going on. I must say, I'm a little jealous cuz it all sounds so wonderful. I am also doing the DLP and look forward to seeing more of your work there as well as this amazing blog!

joanne sharpe said...

thanks for sharing the love, sweet girl!!!

dawn said...

Hello again, catching up on your amazing and gorgeous posts!

Michelle, that post above is just beautiful. Your heart is full of love and so generous, enjoy carrying it with you this year. She is just beautiful and a ray of sunshine!!
Your tree is amazing too, I love trees! Great title page to start with. YAY for lots of fun classes, enjoy them friend.

I am taking DLP this year too, first time. Also, Documented Faith and One year to inspire 52 and signed up for Alisa Burke's art journal delight class in March. For PL, I'm signing up for Pocket Your Year at Megan Nerdnests, she is awesome! Also redoing OLW from last year since I didn't do it.
Hope this all makes sense. Oh and I have a planner, so going to play in that too and STAY ORGANIZIED THIS YEAR!!!
Happy New year and Happy creating!
p.s. just posted my first week of PL, YAY!

Unknown said...

you inspire me! I don't know how you do it and create such beautiful work with so many challenges on deck. I love this spread. I find trees so difficult and yours is beautiful. I am so tempted to join in to some of these after seeing what you've been doing. xx