Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Perfect Day and more...

I've been working along in my Book of Days, and have three new pages to share with you...

A Perfect Day
 Loved the exercise of drawing a face quickly, not worrying about getting it perfect.  It made the process so much fun!


Inner Peace
 The words are a combination from an article at lifebuzz, things my therapist has told me over the years (that still stick with me), and things I have learned that I want for myself. 



Shining Rainbow
 Another quick face; and I was really excited to finally be able to use spray paint in my journal (the pink rainbow and word unfinished)!  At our old place, there wasn't anywhere outside that I could spray that wouldn't be near the bird feeders.  Now at our new place, we have a big back yard and I can go way up the hill and spray - yeayyy!  So fun!


I am loving how these two workshops complement each other!  I think I have found my groove with the combination of big spreads and multi-day journaling spreads.  Even after the workshops are over, I'm feeling this will be my rhythm.


I just ordered some new sheets of watercolor paper, so I will be ready to bind my next journal when this one fills up.  Did you know that Blick is having a sale right now on Daler-Rowney Cold Press Watercolor Paper Packs?  Buy one get one free!  Can't beat that!  Check it out here!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend my friends!  Thanks so much for visiting - I appreciate you!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are all gorgeous!! LOVING that bright pink on that second one!!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks so much Julie!

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW, Michelle! All of your pages are beautiful and inspiring. I love how they each tell a story about YOU, too! Happy memorial Day, my friend! I hope you are having a great weekend.

dawn said...

Hi Michelle!! WOW, these pages are amazing and fun! I love the girls you drew on them, different from the blonde ones of yourself. YAY, for spray paint!!
So glad your enjoying class and making art that you love.
What you wrote on the second one is what I believe too and try to live by.

Hope you enjoyed the loooong weekend.