Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ripped and Stitched Journal...

A quick share of my new journal!  I made this in Roben-Marie Smith's "Ripped and Stitched" online workshop. 

Working on the cover.  It's made of hand painted muslin...

Here's how it looks all finished...


The inside is made of white 9" x 12" mailing envelopes.  The shipping tags are magnetic and hold the envelope openings closed, so you could keep little treasures in there if you wanted to...

I had a ton of fun making this journal.  There were lots of steps involved, but each one was easy and relaxing.  I highly recommend Ripped and Stitched!

Thanks so much for visiting!  Have an awesome Thursday!


6 comments:

dawn said...

Hi Michelle,

WOW!! I love this journal and the handpainted cover is awesome!! The inside pages look colorful and happy too! Can't wait to see what you do on them!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww! This is just AMAZING!! I am IN LOVEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Lynda said...

This is beautiful! I've got to check out her class. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

How are the envelopes attached? Is it like a single page binding? If so I am VERY interested. I can not find any tuts on single page binding anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Oh, never mind, I realize you folded the envelopes. Your book looks like it is sized at 9 x 12!

jinxxxygirl said...

So bright and beautiful and lovely! Great job! Hugs! deb