Monday, March 31, 2014

Sketchin' Into Spring...

I signed up for Alisa Burke's "Sketch Into Spring" workshop that started on March 28th.  It's the kind where you get a mini-lesson/prompt every day for 30 days and you have forever access, so you can take all the time you want - yeayyy!

I've finished the first three lessons...

#1:  Use your words...

(All the writing was done with acrylic ink and a paintbrush)

 (Lukas watercolors, and gesso on the left side)


(acrylic paint, molotow markers, white uniball signo, and pitt pen)

#2 Use Nature for Painting...
(acrylic paint)

#3: Capture Color
These are the colors of spring out my window today...
(lukas watercolors)


I'll keep you posted as I work through the lessons...

If you want more info on Sketch Into Spring, click here.

Thanks so much for visiting!  I wish you a sunny day, my friends!

4 comments:

dawn said...

Hi Michelle!!
So happy to see these pages and that you are in class with me. I am enjoying it so far too. LOVE LOVE all these so much. I love the way your leaves turned out, I don't have any good leaves on my trees right now. I did find some other things to use though. Glad to have this class right now to inspire me that spring will get here someday soon, right??!!

Have a sunny day too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These are all beautiful!! LOVING those flowers on the 3rd page!! And PS ... my journal I posted -- the binding comes off -- that's how I got the paper to the edges :)

Trece said...

I love the 3rd WORDS page. The use of negative space is great! Makes me relax and feel expansive. Not your usual, good job!!

TwinkleToes2day said...

I have just started the class today and have really enjoyed doing my Spring words page. I say page, because I have only done the one, but I think I may do another yet. I'm looking forward to having some colourwash play tomorrow. Your pages are awesome and who'dathunk that grey could look so fab?!

http://twinkletoes2day.blogspot.co.uk/