Monday, August 12, 2013

Rest In Peace Jody Payne...

 I was so sad to hear that guitarist Jody Payne passed away on Saturday.  He was 77.  I've been a huge fan of Willie Nelson and Family since 1979, and Jody was a core part of that family.  It's hard to see time marching on, but it always does...

 Jody Payne (left) and Willie Nelson - 1979


Here's a video memory of Jody playing with Willie...




Rest in Peace Jody. Thanks for the memories.

Thanks for visiting my friends. I will see you again tomorrow. :)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5645572/jody-payne-willie-nelson-guitarist-dies-at-77

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, I'm a big fan of Willie Nelson, too!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

You're a fan too Jackie? That's so cool!

dawn said...

Thanks for sharing this Michelle. I enjoyed his music thru my mom and her mom growing up. Always liked him.
I learn so much from you about music and such since I don't read the newspaper or watch the news. Thanks for keeping me updated on what's going on.
Glad you liked my Mandala and my yard is big but it takes a lot of work. One day I hope to move into something much smaller yard wise, even a condo would be nice but hubby likes to have his garden, lol.
Have a good day!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Rest in Peace, Jody Payne. Yes, time does continue to fly by . . . This world will miss him.

Fil said...

Two of my all time favourite songs and Willie is the best ... So sad to hear about Jody. Thanks for posting that ,

Fil said...

Two of my all time favourite songs and Willie is the best ... So sad to hear about Jody. Thanks for posting that ,

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

RIP Jody ...

Raine said...

It's always sad when someone who has made so many people happy passes away. RIP Jody.