Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Life Book Update...

It's been forever since I've done a Life Book update for you!  Here's what I've been doing...

This first spread is the result of Effy Wild's Artful Shamanism lesson.  This is a representation of what I saw on a journey, guided by Effy...

 I had to split it in half to fit it in my Life Book ring binder.  I thought it was interesting that the message I got in my journey was "You are Safe."  Love that.  The background was done with pan pastel, and the rest is Neocolor II crayons.

The next lesson was Dion Dior's "Divine Color."  We used twinkling H20's and Neocolor IIs to create a flower painting.  I chose pink tulips.  Here's how it turned out...

This one is going in a frame rather than my Life Book binder.

My Life Book Binder is full now, and I'm trying to decide if I should get bigger rings so I can fit the rest of the year in there; or just start incorporating my Life Book lessons into my art journal.  It would be nice to have the whole year's Life Book in one binder to look at later; but at the same time, I've been struggling using that darn ring binder.  I don't like cutting spreads in half.  Hmmm...

If you want to know more about Life Book, click here for more info.

What would you do?  Would you continue with the ring binder system, or not?

Thanks for visiting!  I really appreciate hearing from you!  Have a great week!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh I love love love that tree and the flowers!!! GORGEOUS colors!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your pages are amazing, Michelle! I love them both so much! Effy is an awesome teacher, and I can't thank you enough for guiding me to her! I have been going through some stress in my life and have to change jobs, but my last day at my present job is tomorrow, so I can spend more time on her lessons then! Thanks again, my friend - I always love visiting your blog and seeing your wonderful inspiration!

iHanna said...

Beautiful pages. I would continue in a book if you don't like the ring binder thing. It's more fun to create when you enjoy the whole result.

dawn said...

These are both beautiful, love the pinks in them!! So glad your enjoying this class. Keep it all together if that's what makes you happy, a book full of wonderful art sounds good to me!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Honestly, I could see a lot more of your work framed. I would love to look through your books. Amazing!