Saturday, July 6, 2013

Last of the pages in the linen bird journal...

I've got a few more pages from my bird journal to share with you, before we move on to July...

 These are all done with backgrounds made beforehand with leftover paint from other projects...


 Just added an image here, and outlined the design on the right...


 Wrote with molotow marker on this one...






And that is it!  This journal is done - finito!  This is really an easy way to do daily pages, and it saves on paint too!  Just take an extra journal, and whenever you are finished with a project, open up a page in your extra journal, and swish the leftover paint around.  If you have extra pieces of paper, glue them on!  Anywhere! Before you know it you will have a bunch of beautiful backgrounds to work from - yeayyy!  Then all you have to do is paste an image in here and there and do your writing and you are done!

FYI - this particular journal is really blissful to work in!  It's 8 x 10", and was recommended by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer in one of her classes.  I like it so much I ordered another one.   It's this one by Global Art Materials:

It's got a beautiful linen cover, and the pages inside are a stiff watercolor paper that has held up beautifully to anything I've thrown at it.

Next time I will share my new journals that I started on July 1st.  I love new journals!  See you then!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love the colors and loveeeeeeee the way you journaled on each page!!!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Strathmore Mixed Media books? If so, how do thry compare? I love my Strathmore but have wanted totry this one too ....

Unknown said...

Wonderful pages! I love your joyous style! That's my favorite brand of journal too. I love it.

dawn said...

WOW!! You have been busy in your journals!! I LOVE these pages, LOVE the handwriting and all the colors. Your personality shines thru all your pages!

Thanks for the visit to my blog. I was excited about winning last week's SOC too, such a great surprise to see my name there. Each week is awesome and so far all the colors are favorites of mine. Not sure how this week will be, I even voted on a least favorite just to see what happens.

So glad your enjoying playing in your journal and YIPPEE for a new one to fill up.

Marit said...

You know I LOVE lettering... and I'm blown away by your pages today! The third page - where you outlined the journaling - is just amazine. Wonderful work Michelle!