Monday, July 15, 2013

Book of Days Meets Lollapalooza 3 Meets Glue-it Tuesday...

Hi everyone!  I am so excited to share my new Book of Days journal with you!  This is the complement to my Book of Mirrors, which I shared in the last post.  Where the Book of Mirrors records my inner world, This Book of Days contains the daily documenting of my days, or  outer world, so to speak.   Together they cover the whole Book of Days process.

I decided to make a separate journal for these entries after taking Martha Lever's Lollapalooza 1, 2 and 3 journaling workshops.  All three lend themselves well to doing daily entries.  The first one I am using is in the style of Lollapalooza 3...

Here are my first few pages...

BOOK OF DAYS


Title page...
Note:  This style of journal keeping works really well for Glue-it Tuesday too!  Lots of cutting, pasting and glueing going on!

The cute little dog was cut from Best Friends Magazine (my fave source for adorable animal photos).

 July 1st...
 Its so fun to use all my supplies on these pages.  Stamps, Rub-ons, magazine cut outs, and inspirational photos of artwork that I love.  The two bigger colorful images here are from Papaya Arts, and Martha Lever.

July 2nd and 3rd...

This kind of journal is a blast to work in!  I've done a grid journal before, but Martha's techniques add a whole new level of color and fun to the process!!! 

If you want to know more about the Lollapalooza workshops, click here.

If you want to know more about the Book of Days workshop, click here.

For more info about Glue-it Tuesday, click here.

Thanks so much for visiting my friends!  I will see you again soon!




8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous Michelle!! LOVING the soft colors and loveeeee the heart on the pug!!! :)

Tracie said...

Yummy pages!!

dawn said...

These pages look amazing, the colors and the fun you added to each one. I love your handwriting on these, so pretty!!

I can tell your enjoying this journal and I'm so happy for you!!
Have a good week!

dawn said...

Hi again, just saw your comment on my blog.
I order my pictures online from Walgreens. When ordering they have a link for regular pictures or collages and more. So I pick the collage link and from there you go to what size and if you want a title or not then pick the pictures. They show you a collage and if you want the photos different you can switch them around even. They have color choices for the backgrounds of them too, I love picking the ones that will match my pages that week. It's super easy and fun.
Hope this helps!
Thanks so much for the visit, I've missed your comments.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Michelle! Your pages are so amazing! I always love to visit your blog and to soak up all of the inspiration here!!!! Thanks for always sharing your talent with us, my friend!

Janet Joehlin said...

I love the style in your book of days. Lots of happiness!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous colours and layouts!

Kooky Makes said...

Oh these are just beautiful. Lovely clear colours and the style goes really well with your writing style too. It looks like a lot of fun!