Thursday, May 16, 2013

Book of Days Update...

Hi everyone!  I have a long-overdue Book of Days update for you today.  Here are three pages from April...

April 23...
 This one evolved as I did it.  I was struggling with learning how to do Johnny's insulin shots at the time and was so frustrated with myself.  The first journaling I did was on the blue paint in the bottom right corner.  It says something about about not being able to get it right. After I stepped away from this page, I re-read it and realized how hard I was being on myself.  That's when I added the leaf on top, with the kinder journaling - ha.  The image comes from a photography magazine.  (P.S.  The shots are going just fine now.  I think I was trying too hard).  :)


This page was an experiment with deli paper...
I am taking Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's "Getting Started With Deli Paper" workshop (which is fabulous by the way).  One of the techniques is to trace an image onto the deli paper and then paint it in, cut it out and collage it onto your page.  That is what I did here.  The woman is a model from a magazine ad.  I have to admit I wasn't happy with how her face turned out - hence the huge sunglasses I added (lol.)  That's what art journals are for tho - experimenting!  I love the technique and will no doubt use it again, probably not on something with such small details.  


and here's a simple page for journaling...
The image is a page from a magazine (thanks Renee!); which I loved as is, and didn't want to mess with.  Sooo I just added journaling right on top!  I love how it turned out!

I have sooo missed my daily journaling; and really hope to get back to it now.  I thank you for hanging in there with me during my chaotic time!  I will see you again very soon!  Hopefully tomorrow!!!

 

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are awesome!! LOVING those colors on the first page!!!

dawn said...

Hi Michelle!! I'm so happy to see this AMAZING AND GORGEOUS post!

WOW, the colors on that first page is YUMMY!! Love all the layers of color going on and beautiful picture you added. So glad to hear the shots are going better now. HUGS FOR YOU BOTH!

The second page is pretty COOL! LOVE the woman on it, the colors and the pop of white are PERFECT!!

How beautiful your handwriting is on the last one.

So happy you posted, missed you!!
Take care! HUGS!

Cara said...

I love your gorgeous art journaling :)