Saturday, November 10, 2012

Before and After...

Hey there hi there ho there!  I've got a couple of journal pages to share with you today.  I've been meaning to share with you how the base pages look before I start and I finally remembered - yeayyy!

Anyhoo, here's how the spread for November 5th look before I started.  On the left is the cover to an old Audubon magazine (thanks Lynn!); with some of my mom's vintage gift wrap pasted on top.  On the right is a piece of scrapbook paper and a vintage magazine page from the 1940's...

and here's what I ended up with.   If you really look, you can still see the base pages peeking out in places.  The layers on top include acrylic paint, gesso, stenciling and stamping.  The magazine image is from a National Geographic coffee table book.  I love the expressive looks on these kids faces.  There's a story there for sure - ha...

Here is what the base spread looked like for my November 6th page.  I really wanted to preserve the image of Jack Kerouac on the left, and the cool looking bird on the right...

Here's the finished page.  Quite different for me, and I like that.  Super super fun playing around with boxes.  Not many layers here, just acrylic paint with india ink and journaling on top.


Tomorrow I'm off to my monthly crop with my girlfriends; and I'm planning to work on my October Project Life - I'm so excited!  This will be my first time working on a whole month at one time.  I'm going to see if I like doing it this way.  I will keep you posted!

Have an awesome Saturday my friends!!!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are fabulous Michelle!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that bird on the second page!!!

Marit said...

I'm glad you didn't cover up Jack in the last page - he's such a hunk! Ha! I love both spreads and totally 'dig' the journaling on the first page... as you know, I left scrapbooking behind and I felt 'freed' after that. I hope you experience the same freedom now that you gave yourself permission to 'let go'...