Thursday, October 11, 2012

So Cute Together (Sketch Layout)...

Hey there everyone!  I hope your week is turning out awesome!!!  Quite awhile back, I was asked to do a layout for the "Sunday Sketch" blog series over at Studio Calico, which was so sweet!  There ended up being a glitch and it never got posted over there, but I still want to share the layout that I made with you!

The sketch they sent me was based on this beautiful layout by Nicole Samuels

Here's what I came up with..

My favorite thing about Nicole's gorgeous layout was the colorful grid of squares; so I wanted to stay true to that.  I had these three instagram photos of my hubby Michael and our cat Willie that I've been wanting to scrap, so this seemed like the perfect time!  I stitched everything down and then added a big circle of neocolor II crayons to provide some contrast with the squareness of the grid.  It was so much fun to fill the grid with little embellies! A hand-drawn title and some doodling with poster-paint markers, and it was finished!
Thanks so much for visiting and I will be back soon!

5 comments:

dawn said...

Michelle, this is soooo cute!! I LOVE LOVE grids too, great job filling yours up. WOW, you stitched the sqares down, LOVE THIS. Great colors and big circle too.
Way to go on this sketch!!

Enjoy your day, share some more inspiration soon!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous Michelle!! I loveeeeeeeee the circle elements and loving how the photos and title are angled!!!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Love this Michelle- so fun and energetic- love the idea of a circle border with bubbles in it- fantastic!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Awesome take on her sketch, Michelle. I love your grid, and the wonderful, fun photos that you scrapped!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Awesome, Michelle! Love the circle. And CONGRATS.