Monday, October 29, 2012

Friday's BOD - "Magic..."

Hey everyone!  I hope your weekend has been fabulous!  Before my new week starts, I want to share last Friday's Book of Days page with you!

Here's how it turned out...
I wanted to sum up how my first week of doing the Book of Days felt, and it really did feel like magic.

 Here's the step-by-step...

First step was a light coat of gesso...


Heavy body acrylic paint applied with a credit card...


Left over collage pieces from earlier in the week...




I gessoed through a Balzer Designs stencil (forgot to photograph - sorry), and then sprayed amethyst and tinsel Color Shine Mists over the top...




After rubbing the ink in, I added more acrylic paint over the top...

 More gesso...


for some reason the diagonal corner was bugging me, so I cut it off.  Now I wish I wouldn't have done that, but experimenting is what it's all about, right?  It will be a challenge to create on the spread behind (which you can now see peeking through), so that it isn't so distracting. Added collage bits, and then dark purple inktense pencil around the edges...

 And finished it with some details - a photo of Stevie Nicks, some rub-ons, stickers, and a postage stamp, and of course, journaling.  The title was written with white acrylic ink (my new favorite thing!)


I'm excited to start week two in my Book of Days!

Thanks so much for visiting my friends! I will see you again soon!

4 comments:

dawn said...

WOW MICHELLE!!! I can see how much fun and love you have in your pages!!! This is gorgeous! My favorite photo was the 2nd one, all that yumminess!!

I have never used that many layers before but will now after seeing you do this.

The MAGIC is written so pretty, love it. Also TRUST THE PROCESS is always a good thing to remember.

I am so impressed with your still wanting to learn new things when what you do is sooooo amazing already. YOU INSPIRE ME EVERYDAY!!!

Can't wait to see next weeks pages, so glad your enjoying this Michelle, keep it up!!

dawn said...

I forgot to say THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR SHOWING THE PROCESS OF YOUR PAGE!!! I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH HOW MUCH THIS HELPS ME AND MAKES ME HAPPY!! THIS TAKES MORE TIME AND WORK FOR YOU BUT I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FABULOUS Michelle! I love love love all the layers you put into this .. and loving that white title!!!!!

Kelly said...

What a great entry to your book of days journal. I can't believe all the layers you did. This page must be very heavy, but it looks fabulous! You are so creative.
Hugs and many blessings to you.
Kelly