Friday, March 2, 2012

Journal 33 is Finished...

I love the feeling of filling up a journal, putting a tag on it and calling it finished. I give my journals numbers only when they are completely full. This one is full, and it's number 33.

The bottle cap tag was made with my epiphany shape maker. On the back it has the number...

It's a pretty basic journal - but i enjoyed the ritual of writing in it daily. Here's a few pics to give you an idea of what's in it. Some of these pics I've posted before, but I want to give you an idea of the order of things...

At the beginning of the month, I like to make a mind map of things I want to accomplish...


Then I make a collage for the month, with an envelope for receipts and other tidbits I want to keep...





and after that, the journal is just filled with daily journaling...

I was missing writing in more of an artsy journal, so now I am going back to this one (made in the Full-Tilt Boogie class) for my daily writing...

And here's my entry for March 1st...
The base page on the left is an old country western magazine; and on the right is a map. I still need to make my March collage and envelope, so I left room for those on the preceding pages. I will share once I get them done.

The beauty of journaling is that there are so many ways you can do it! If you journal, what kind of book are you using? I'd love to hear/see!

Thanks so much for visiting my friends! I will see you again soon!

14 comments:

dawn said...

WOW Michelle, this looks amazing!! I love love how many cretive outlets you have. How do you have time for all these? Really do you have a schedule or do you just do whatever you feel like at that moment?

Something else I just thought of is how inexpensive all your projects are. All the junk mail, paper stuff, tissue paper even is just easy ways to create without spending tons of money. I really like that about your art. Thanks for showing us we can do this and how easy and fun it is.

Congrats on #33 it was a great journal.

Erin said...

Your work is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing1

donna!ee said...

EXCEPTIONAL, as always!
blest be :)

McMGrad89 said...

It's beautiful, Michelle.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee these pages Michelle!! I love love love those flowers on the first couple of pages and loving the colors on all of them!! You always amaze me Michelle!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Your journals always amaze me, but not just how you create them, but filling them up! Awesome stuff to look back on. Love how you can change up your journals to fit what style you want too. That mind map...is brilliant! I need to do that one, it may be scary though ;)

Marjie Kemper said...

This is such a cool book! I love the way you sketch out your to-do's in that grid/map format. The tiny tabs for organizing are right up my alley and I love all the doodling and collage. Thanks for sharing the inner pages!

Siel said...

That journal is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing

Elizabeth said...

Your work is great, Michelle! I love the mind map and the collages, but also how you design the journal with several different types of pages in mind. My style is more along the lines of: open to whatever page, work a little on it, open to another and work a little on that one, until eventually something builds up over time and is finished. Your planning and follow-through are brilliant.

Martha Richardson said...

What a fabulous idea...a mind map....hmmmmm...INSPIRATION!

Sharon Fritchman said...

AWESOME, just awesome, Michelle!

Rowena said...

Brilliant journal. I love your mind map for the things you want to accomplish and the collage for the month. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hali Chambers said...

Popped in from Pinterest. LOVE your work! :-) Hali

nath592015 said...

wouah!you inspire me.