Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Answering Your Project Life Questions...

Hi everyone!
I want to thank you all for your response to my first week of Project Life! I want to take some time to respond to your questions and comments.

Keep in mind that I am just a beginner at this, and I know I will be tweaking my system as I go along!

Candy Bryant said:
Interesting that you chose Monday through Sunday.
I'm pretty sure the rest of the Project Lifers' work Sunday through Saturday. I do! Especially since the first was Sunday.
It's true - starting on Monday was a bit awkward since the first was on a Sunday, but here's the scoop: My brain just tends to see weeks as starting on Monday. I work full-time, so my work week starts on Monday and ends on Friday, with the weekend finishing out my week. Also, I use a MyAgenda planner, which also (conveniently for me!) starts weeks on Monday. My Project Life just follows that pattern.

Dawn asked:
Was wondering how you will decide what items and photos to put in your Project life and which ones for art journal? Now that I'm doing both for the first time would love to see your thoughts on this.
My approach to this is that Project Life gets first dibs, if that makes sense. I've been taking photos and collecting "stuff" randomly. The photos stay on my computer organized by date, and the "stuff" goes in a pile, unsorted. Then, when it comes time to put together my Project Life page, I choose the item(s) that best tell the story of my week and use those. I look at what's left after I'm done; and either put it in my art journal or throw it away.

Ravenous Rae said:
I had no idea your song journal pages were so small! Interesting to see the actual size!!
My song journal pages are actually 12" x 12". I just took photos of them and printed them out 2" x 2" for my Project Life layout. I thought the photos were a good way to tell the story of my week.

Marcia asked:
Are you planning to add things every day of the whole year?
I'm planning to represent my whole year, but not necessarily add things each day. I have to take a loose approach to this project or it could drive me crazy! My plan as of right now, is to average a week to each two-page spread, but that could change as I go along. If I miss a day, or a week I'm not going to worry. This is definitely an experiment for me!

I hope this helps! I'm working on a post for Project Life, week #2. It should be ready by tomorrow some time. Thanks so much for visiting, and I will see you then!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this post Michelle!! So awesome to get your inside views! :):):):):):):):):):):)

dawn said...

Hi Michelle,

Thanks so much for answering our questions. I'm excited to follow you on this PL journey and know it's going to be fun for you.

I do know that some people look at their week as MON-SUN as well. It will be easier for you since that's how your week flows for you.

My plan was to have my pages done on Monday but my pics got held up at Walgreen's and finally last night I got them. Had fun putting the first week together, wishing I had a printer at home though to make it easier, lol

Have a good week and thanks again for sharing.