Friday, December 30, 2011

The Top 2000 Songs of All Time - Day Six!

I can't believe it's already the second to the last day of the Top 2000 Countdown! Eek! Where has this week gone??? Marit's Blog Party is still going strong! Today, we are counting down #586 - #273. The song I chose is #289: 1970's "Father and Son" by Cat Stevens.

I just love the depth of this song, and how Cat actually sounds when he's singing, like two different people having a conversation. It's one of my all-time favorite songs. Here's how my layout/poster turned out...



Here's Cat singing "Father and Son" live...



Click here to go to the blog party, and see the songs that all of the other participants chose. I think it's so much fun to see what everyone is coming up with!!! I hope you are having a great week, my friends! I will see you again tomorrow for the last day of the Top 2000 countdown!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee how you did the muted colors on one side and then the bold rainbow-ish ones on the other!! This is FAB Michelle! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynda said...

I love this song. I have so missed his music.

anne g-i said...

i'm with Julie - love the contrast of the two sides!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Michelle, I love how you did the background and the layers...and even the music blog logo on it...very cool!

Anonymous said...

Great art work Michelle! Love your posters and this song is beautiful!Beautiful use of colors and I love the journaling!So much fun!

Candy Bryant said...

Mahalo nui loa Michelle. I hadn't heard that in so long. Awesome, just like you! Hau'oli Makahiki Hou. Aloha.