Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Top 2000 Songs of All Time - Day One!

It's time for the Netherlands Top 2000 Party!!!! Are you playing? I've played along with Marit for the last two years, and it's been so much fun! This year promises to be the best year ever!

The way it works is like this. There is a Netherlands Radio Station (Radio 2) that has a vote each year to determine the "Top 2000 Songs of All Time," and then they publish the list; and for the last week of the year, they count down the songs on the radio.

So, for each day of the countdown, I am going to join Marit by creating a layout inspired by one of the songs that will be played that day. I add the following additional guidelines for myself...

1. The layout is about the song itself (as opposed to something about my life that is "inspired" by the song) if that makes sense...

2. The artist must be represented on the layout in some way...

and this year I've decided to go with the style of a poster - advertising the song.

So, here we go!

Today's list goes from #1843 to #2000.

The song I chose is #1881 - "As Long As You Love Me," by none other than the Backstreet Boys!

Here's how my poster turned out...
What I love about the Backstreet Boys is the smooth, flowing sound of their songs, so I tried to portray that with the background lines. The thing that stood out to me in this song's video, was the beautiful colors, especially the intense blues, so I used colors to reflect that.

"As Long As You Love Me" was released in 1997, and spent 56 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100. The lyrics talk about a man who professes to love his girl no matter what she has done in her past. Hmmm, it's a romantic notion, but it does make me wonder what she did that he's willing to overlook? Especially when he says "it doesn't really matter if you're on the run, it seems like it's meant to be..." Interesting!

Check out the video and see if you can't help singing along - I know I can't!



It's not too late to play along with the party! Check out all the info on Marit's blog by clicking here!

I will see you tomorrow for day two of the countdown!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks like so much fun, what a great idea!! I didn't even know this was going on in NL (I am based in Hilversum) so will have to keep and ear out for it!

Michelle said...

This is so much fun. Just the song brings back fun memories and of course your layout totally rocks!

Lena said...

Wow... just saw this work on Marit's blog... LOVE IT!!!!
The colors and the silhouettes... beautiful!
Also love the idea to make a poster for every song you choose!!
Merry X-Mas and enjoy this week!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh I love love love love this Michelle!! I loveeeeee how you did that background! Merry Christmas! :):):):):):):):):):):)

phinner said...

whoo hoo! awesome Michelle!!! great interpretation!

I wonder if I'll have time to make one for a song today. I'm cooking up a storm over here! Can you believe they make people work on Xmas, Safeway is open until 6 pm! I already went to get potatoes and sour cream!

Merry Merry! : .)

anne g-i said...

Love your poster - I see you went with your original idea too! Love your wavey, flowing lines! Looking forward to tomorrow!