Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Where I get my images, and a Journal Page...

I want to share my journal page from October 24th...

Alison had asked where I get my pictures from:

I get a lot of them from magazines. Some of my fave mags for images are:

Oprah (great quotes, photography and images that empower women)
Birds and Blooms (gorgeous photography)
Best Friends (Adorable Animal photos)

I also carry a camera with me everywhere, and take a lot of pictures of random stuff to add to my collection.

Another thing I do is look for children's books and coffee table books at thrift stores. Thrift stores are a great resource for fabulous photography and images.

I encourage you to look for images everywhere you go. If you are getting coffee, check out their free brochures, look at napkins at fast food places, shopping bags at the grocery store or the mall. There are opportunities for collecting images everywhere - it can be addicting!

I hope this info is helpful. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks so much for visiting!

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That totally reminds me!! I have an AMAZING magazine to send you!! Loveeeeeeee this page! LOVING the bridge! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Alison said...

I have duct tape and I have jsut ordered some washi tape from a shop here in New Zealand that has just got it in. I dont really buy magazines but might have to visit some second hand shops to see what they have. Thanks so much, I am gathering bits and with lots of help from your pages as inspiration I will start creating soon.

Miss Marple said...

Thank you for sharing, I'll try to have my eyes more open from now on, as I love your journals!

ufoide@gmail.com said...

this page is so beautiful

Marit said...

It's always a pleasure to look at your work Michelle! Yes, collection images can be addicting indeed... I'm a junk myself ;) (I even gave the virus to my family, who's collection with me!)

McMGrad89 said...

Very helpful.

Claudine said...

Michelle- your work is always amazing, I thoroughly enjoy coming by your blog and looking at your pages and all thing eye candy. :)

dawn said...

WOW, I really like these pages. The bridge the colors all of it is beautiful. Thanks for letting us know about the magazines you use. I have a ton of lady/home type magazines that don't offer me too much inspiration.

One easy way to use magazines if you don't like buy them or want them is to visit your library. Our local library has a shelf reserved just for this, old magazines and books for a quarter. This way I can still get beautiful pictures to rip out without spending a lot of money.

Thanks for sharing Michelle!

Lou said...

I have started collecting images and words from magazines, etc, but my question is, do you organize them in some way? Right now I just have a pocket folder full, which I sort through when I want something. Not the most efficient system! I love your blog, and look forward to seeing your latest creations! Thanks for sharing so much of yourself and your beautiful work!