Saturday, September 24, 2011

Still Working on my September NME Grid...

My September NME Grid is coming along nicely! I'm using Prismacolor Pencils and with gamsol...
If you haven't heard of gamsol, it's an odorless mineral spirit that works great for blending colored pencils. In the photo above, the grey square on the bottom has gamsol blending on the top half - see the difference? Here are a couple of closeups:

The grey background on the left is blended with gamsol, while the purple background on the right isn't.


Here's a closer view of the grey square.

For more info on gamsol, check out this video - click here.


I will leave you with a recent photo of Willie in the scraproom.

Have a fabulous Saturday my friends!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee the colors!! And your fur babies always make me SMILE! :):):):):):):):):):):)

dawn said...

I like the way your grid came out. Having some of the squares with color is a nice touch to it. This is inspired me so much that I started one too. It is fun to just fill in that little square and not be overwhelmed with a whole page.

You are great at drawing and writing by the way. Do you plan on doing this again? I already know there will be many more for me.
My blog is at http://everydaymemorieswithprojectlife.blogspot.com
if you want to come check it out. I will show you my grid when I fill in a few more. Hoping this will lead to me doing more art journals.
Have a good weekend.

mary ann said...

wyatt loves willie
and i love those charming little squares.
happy sunday cute thang!