Thursday, September 22, 2011

Scrapfest Was A Blast!!!

I attended Scrapfest at the Mall of America with my girlfriends this past weekend, and it was a blast! I am making a Smashbook all about the event! I can't wait to share it with you, but it's not quite done yet. In the meantime, here are just a few photos to share...

Here we are getting our photo taken in the world's largest scrapbook page! Left to right is Anne, Christina, Me and Lynn.

KC and Melissa of My Mind's Eye were fabulous hosts of the Friday Night Crop Around Town! They are so much fun and full of energy!!!

I got to meet April, Nicole and Kelly of Studio Calico!!! They were so sweet!!!

It was great to see Amy Tan again, who I know from SiSTV days! I took her minibook class and it was AWESOME!!!

I also took a class from Michelle Hill of Polkadot Whimsy fame. I have been inspired by her ever since I saw a video of her beautiful scraproom and adorable pug!!! She was just as nice and funny in person as she was on the video...
P.S. I tried to find that video to link you up, but I can't find it - aargh. If any of you know where it is, could you link us up in the comments? That would be fabulous!

I've got so much to share about Scrapfest! The class projects I made, my Smashbook, and a review of the event in general. All coming up soon!

Life is flying by so fast right now, I can't even believe it! Every week goes faster than the week before! Do you ever feel like that?

Thanks for visiting and for your comments! I really appreciate them!!! Have a great day and I will be back soon!

7 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

Glad to hear you had a good time. I am not sure but I see a video where Michelle shares a scrap room here: http://youtu.be/F0zgCx6faaM. Hope that helps.

annemarie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooo fun!! LOVING the photos and your hair looks CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks Annemarie and Julie! Annemarie, thanks for sharing that cute video of Michelle's room. I love it, even tho it's not the one I was thinking of. In the one I'm looking for she has her little pug with her and she shows a basket just full of completed minibooks.

anne g-i said...

It was so much fun and I was so exhausted. Haven't even unpacked yet!!!! Can't wait to see some photos from your last class and the finished Smash book!!!! I took my little bird canvas from Claudine's class to work and have had some nice compliments on it. I love having something interesting in the boring little closet of an office.

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle!!

I am so glad you and Christine, Ann and Lynn had a chance to go to have fun at Scrapfest! I wish I could have made it! Tell the girls I said Hi and I can't wait until I get a chance to scrap with you guys again! Miss you all!!
Karla

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Karla! We miss you! Hope you are doing well and can't wait to scrap with you again soon my friend!

Anne - your bird canvas turned out great! I love the little feet!

dawn said...

How fun for you to meet and hang out with such creative and fun people like you.

Your layout is great, love the paper and words on it.