Thursday, August 18, 2011

An Amazing Sister's Getaway...

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been absent for the last ten days. My sister Renee and I got together to go to an art journaling retreat! It was at a really cool place in Malibu called Artinfusio, which is run by Gina Armfield. The instructor was Pam Garrison, who besides being a talented artist is such an amazingly sweet person!

The first thing we noticed when we pulled in to the hotel was this amazing sculpture of...

THREE RAVENS!!! How perfect is that? Since the raven is my animal totem, it seemed like a good sign, plus the way the ravens were arranged, we thought that maybe it symbolized the two of us being watched over by our mom; who would have been so happy to know that we were having this time together.


Here's a photo of the retreat center, which overlooked the ocean - such a beautiful location...

playing with colors...

Our instructor - Pam Garrison...

The down side of the weekend was that after the first day of the workshop, I got sick (no fun!), so we missed day two. RATS. I didn't get my journal bound, but I did finish the front cover. Here's how it turned out...
Renee and I continued creating back at her place for a few days afterwards. It was so much fun just hanging out together. There is nothing like spending time with your sister - someone who understands you, shares your history, and makes you laugh like crazy! I love you kiddo!!! Can't wait til our next getaway!

I came back feeling super-inspired, so I will be back soon with regular updates to share! Have a wonderful weekend my friends, and thanks so much for visiting my blog!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! That place looks AMAZING!! I loveeeeeee the ravens and LOVING your cover!! Sorry you got sick... but glad you got to hang out with Renee! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sandra @Alchemy(Art-Memories) said...

Great cover, love the rocker in black and white makes all the other colors pop.

Anonymous said...

Such a great visit! Love you!!!

Mel said...

Sisters are the best remedy aren't they?? Love your creation!