Thursday, July 14, 2011

Inspiration Journal...

I finished another Full-Tilt Boogie journal! This one was a completely different cover technique because it didn't use an old book or photo album. We made it ourselves! I had so much fun putting it together! Check it out...
This one is an inspiration journal. I'm going to use it specifically for collecting images that inspire me. I'm always seeing things in magazines or elsewhere, where I notice the pattern or the colors or the design or SOMETHING that makes me go - OH, that would make a cool (insert variable here) for a page! Now I will have a place to collect all those images! I might not even know why the image inspires me, but if it does, I will put it in the book! Yeayyy! I don't have a journal like that right now, so I'm super excited to start!

I made the pages all black, so that the images would stand out...


Here's the back of the journal. The pages are 8.5" x 11"...

I've got one more FTB journal that I'm working on, and then it will be time to focus on filling them up!!!

I hope you are having a creatively wonderful week my friends! Thanks so much for stopping by!

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee the forest friends book page on the back! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Barbara Hagerty said...

Your journal is fabulous!!
And I just took a tour of your scrap room. You've done a perfect job of making it a colorful, inspirational place to make beautiful art! Great use of space, great organization, great looking, just GREAT!

Unknown said...

This is one very special journal, Michelle! You will have a blast working in it. I'm off to tour your creative space. :o) Donna FTB

Sandy said...

Such a great journal. I can't wait to see it when you're done filling it up.

mary ann said...

yoo hoo michelle!!!!!!
it's fabulous. next time i steal your idea and make my pages black. great idea!
send me these for the class photo album!
xo

Oh! Bama said...

Fabulous Michelle! I wasn't going to make one right away but you've inspired me to go for it. I like the idea of plain black pages for this journal. Nothing to detract from what images we choose to use. And, hooray, I have everything I need on hand! Thanks for the tip.

Rafaelópezjr said...

Ahhh! I have a book like that! I take it on camping trips with me. You're gonna have so much fun!!! The memories will last forever!

Anonymous said...

I'm still choosing papers for my cover; can't wait to make one of these. Thanks for the inspiration - yours looks really great!

Anonymous said...

wonderful book and I never thought of using black pages. Now I will add some when I make my book, thanks.

Marit said...

You will be waaaay busy filling all of your journals Michelle!!! And I like the idea of black pages.. cool!

Frauke said...

I like the colorful outsides of your album, especially the back. Beautiful !!!

Jessy said...

I love it. I really do. Where do you get your vintagey things? I like that look! I love the cute little owl and the toaster heh. Time to ransack my grams' garage for old books, I think. :D

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks everyone! Jessy, the paper with the owl on it is made by October Afternoon. It comes from a line they had last fall, I think? It has lots of camping and outdoorsy designs. The toaster is one of my faves!!! He comes from Cosmo Cricket, and I can't remember the name of the line now - he's a couple of years old.