Friday, May 27, 2011

Weekend In Texas Mini...

Remember that beautiful handmade journal I won from Penney? This one.....?

Well, I got busy and put it to use right away! It was so beautiful I just couldn't let it sit there! So I'm making it into a mini-album about our recent trip to Texas! I worked on it at my monthly crop and got about half-way done. Here's how it looks so far...

It was amazingly easy to adhere the envelope onto the inside cover - I just used fabric glue. I put our packing and shopping lists in the envelope.



The 4"x6" pages are the perfect size to fit 3x4 photos...


On the left page here I made a little pocket to hold the hotel map.








Next month I should be able to finish 'er up.

Now I'm looking forward to a long weekend with plenty of time for creating! My first plan is to finish up my current journal so I am ready to start my first SmashBook on June 1st! Yeayyy!

What are you up to this weekend?

10 comments:

BahamaDawn said...

WOW!! that is one awesome little journal!!! awesome!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! I love love love all the yellow and the wood grain! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

Gorgeous mini Michelle! Love your whimsical ways of journaling!!! What I am up to??? Aaarghhh... work-work-work. No playing for me these days.... enjoy your free time and your weekend!

McMGrad89 said...

Love it. Great use for that book. I am busy packing up my art supplies for the big move to Missouri. Won't be doing much until after we get there.

Penney said...

I absolutely LOVE what you have done with the journal! Thank you for embracing my work!

phinner said...

I ordered a smash book b/c of your previous post and I received it yesterday! we'll have to compare notes (pixs) as we fill it! eeeek! should I call you a "pusher" or just and "encourager" ??? : .)

I love your Texas chronicle...I should document my trip too! (you're a great inspiration!)

chris a said...

Really brilliant mini!!! and you did it so quickly! I always love your color sense - I feel happy when I look at your pages and creations!

Andria said...

What a great, colorful keepsake of a special weekend!

Thinkie said...

It looks great so far!

Sandy Ang said...

I saw your smash book on their blog and came over. Love this cute Texas journal. hope you'll come link it up to my Travel challenge here http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/sandys-challenge-4.html