Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Scrapping The Music and Fave Layout of the Year...

The new song at Scrapping The Music is "Times Like These" by Foo Fighters. I love the poetic lyrics of this song! Here's what I came up with...
The photo is one I took at dusk from my car. I was on my way home from a trip up north and the sky was so beautiful I just had to snap a shot. The background is torn pieces of dictionary paper collaged with gel medium, and painted over with acrylic. The moon and stars are hand-drawn and cut from the same dictionary. I had the vision for this one stuck in my head and it was so much fun to get it out onto the paper!


The Fave Things challenge this time is to choose your Fave Layout of the year! That's all - you don't have to create anything new - just choose your fave and link it up to the Fave Things blog to enter! Here's the one I chose as my fave for this year...
It was one I did as guest designer for the Gutter Girlz challenge blog. The inspiration song was "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. I liked her lyrics, but for me it's not about the climb anymore, it's about the ups and downs of the journey - the road. I loved creating this - it was fun to make the surreal sky and it just felt freeing - know what I mean?

So what's your fave layout of the year? Come on over to the Fave Things blog and link us up!!!

And come on over to Scrapping The Music and check out "Times Like These" by Foo Fighters!!! We'd love to have you play along with us!!!

4 comments:

Marit said...

Your layouts are both beautiful and so you!!! LOVE the moon, and those lyrics that go with it!!!

Natalie said...

Wow Michelle, I love the Foo Fighters LO: it really makes a whole! And I also love your Fave LO, it's absolutely gorgeous!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Michelle!! I love love love love your STM LO!! It is STUNNING!!! And you KNOW I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your FAVE LO!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

milkcan said...

OMG! These are just shut up amazing! I love them! I'm so glad that you're on board for Art Journal Every Day!