Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve!!!!!

It's New Year's Eve - YEAYYYYY!!! And this year there is lots going on!

First of all it's the last day of the Netherlands Top 2000 Blog party! We are down to the top 265 songs of all time! My choice for today is #14 "One" by U2. Here's how my layout turned out...
The song has been used to promote human rights and social justice causes, but originally was written about the difficulty of maintaining relationships (per Wiki - more info on the meaning of the song here). I just love the quiet emotional power of the lyrics and melody together. What a fantastic song - sigh.

Check out the video...


To check out what everyone else has created for the final day of the party, click here to go to Marit's blog. Thanks so much to Marit for hosting this annual celebration of music! I have thoroughly enjoyed participating in the Netherlands Top 2000 for the past two years, and I hope she decides to do it again next year! THANK YOU MARIT!!!


The last prompt of 2010 over at "A Year In The Life of an Art Journal" is up and I am so excited to be the guest host! The word I chose is "Vision," and here's what I created...

Come on over to the "Year In The Life" blog and play along! Don't forget to leave a comment and say hi! I would love to hear from you over there!!!


And one last piece of EXCITING news!!! Today is the start of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's 2011 project called "Art Journal Every Day!"
It promises to be a lot of fun! As you may know I am a big fan of Julie's so I signed up to participate right away, and was so excited when she invited me to be a guest blogger in January! Look for my guest post at Julie's blog on January 28th! For more info on the project check out the widget in my sidebar or click here to go to Julie's blog!

Whew - that was a long post! Thanks for coming to visit and I wish you a Happy New Year's Eve my friends! I will be back tomorrow with another update!

6 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOVE your art. I'm so thrilled that you were part of A Year in the Life of an Art Journal. You are amazing!!

milkcan said...

Happy New Year! So delighted to have you onboard for Art Journal Every Day

Marit said...

Aaahhh... endings and new beginnings - it's the most exiting time of the year! I will hop over to AYITLOAAJ soon - I have some catching up to do but want to finish my Artful Ambling book with all the challenges soon! And Congrats on your guest hosting! And of course - thanks for playing along in the top 2000 party! Sure we'll do it again next year! Happy, happy New Year my friend!!!

chris a said...

I always love to visit your blog and see your fantastic pages and layouts - your use of color as an integral part of your art is so inspiring and exciting! congrats on the guest hosting - I had not seen Julie's art journal idea for next year but it sounds like fun so I will try it for January at least. Hope you have a wonderful new year!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeee "One" and loveeeeeeeeeee what you created for it!!! CONGRATS on the guest blogger for Julie!! That is AWESOME!!!! Have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

scrapwordsmom said...

I am participating in this, too!! I already left a comment but thought I'd leave another one. Love your style!! I am now Following!!!:)