Monday, March 29, 2010

Artful Amblings and Scrapping The Music...

The February 28th prompt at Artful Amblings was "Silence," and the technique was to use inchies. If you are not familiar with inchies, they are tiny works of art that are one inch square. I took a simple, photographic approach to the prompt, and here's what I came up with...
I edged the photos with acrylic paint and wrote the quote with a sharpie. The inchie photos are miscellaneous ones from peaceful, quiet moments in my life, and the big one was taken on a solitary road trip for work. Sometimes I listen to the radio, but more often than not, I drive in silence. It gives me time to think and I love that.


We've got an awesome song at Scrapping the Music this week! It's "Fireflies," by Owl City! Here's my take on the lyrics...
I used Sharpie Poster-Paint markers to create the background and write the lyrics. I just love that photo of little Wilbie catching a few zzzzz's in his Snowman bed.

The new sketch is up for Project 12! I can't wait to work on it! Click here to check it out!

So, it's a new week - what's on your agenda?

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wow michelle!!! these are awesome!!! i love how U used a photo as the background and then the inchies on the side....and loving all the splatters on that second one!!! and thanks again for your help last night....i appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

I LOVE both your layouts!!! the one for "A Year..." is so peaceful, and I love that autumn photo! The STM layout just splashes of the screen... awesome!!!

Jenneke said...

WOW Michelle, these layouts are gorgeous again!!! LOVE the way you used the photo as a background! And the colors of the STM layout are so vibrant!!

XXXJenneke

MirjamC said...

gorgeous lo!!! the background from your stm lo is super and what a cutecute picture!!!

Thinkie said...

great pages!

anne g-i said...

I'm a big fan of silence too - and I love what you did with your LO! Love the large photo! And I love the background on your STM - perfect!!!

Daniella said...

Hey! danielle from Marit's workshop, checkin' in on you!!
LOVE your inchies. I had a really hard time with that prompt!! Not the silence part, the inchies! They scared me. too little.
But, you did great! and your scrappin to the music page rocks too!
Have a great week!

Glenda T. said...

Hi Michelle, I just wanted to say how fabulous all of your work looks on the Gutter Girlz blog!! Thanks soooo much for being our honorary Gutter Girl, your work is amazing and so inspiring!! I also love these 2 new layouts you did, gorgeous!!! Have a great week!

Jessica Wilson said...

Michelle, I swear every time I come by your blog I get more inspired than the last time....you always amaze me!! Love that huge background photo with the smaller ones along the side..brilliant. And loving your take on "Fireflies" at STM! Literally your work is gorgeous and sooo unique! I LOVE IT!!!

Liz L. said...

Love the Owl City one, Michelle! That's one of my favourite bands ever! <3

P.S. It's your Niece, Lyndsay. ;)