Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Comes to Scrapping The Music!

The featured song for the next two weeks at Scrapping The Music is the theme from the movie "Christmas Vacation!" It's a super fun, festive song and I hope you will want to play along! I know the holidays are busy, so we are giving it an extra week to make it easier for folks to participate. Here's the layout I made:

I used the December "Orchestra" kit from Studio Calico for this layout. The white alphas are from Doodlebug, and the word magic is hand-drawn and cut. The stars are drawn with a sharpie. Oh and the black and white border at the top is happy tape!

Speaking of Scrapping The Music, I am excited to say that I will be coordinating the blog starting with the new year! It's only temporary, as our founder Mary, needs to take a break for awhile; but I am really excited to learn from her. There is a lot of behind-the-scenes work that she does, and she has kept it running like a well-oiled machine. Everyone on the design team is so supportive of Mary and of the site, that I know together we can keep it going until Mary is ready to return!

I'm sooo looking forward to Marit's "Top 2000 Songs of 2009" challenge which will start on December 25! I plan to post a layout here each day from December 25th thru December 31 that will correspond to one of the songs on the Top 2000 list that is published in the Netherlands each year. Marit will also be posting my layout along with hers and anyone else who participates! I know my friend Jeanet is going to play too - can't wait to see what you create Jeanet!

So now the rush for Christmas starts! We still have to pick up a few gifts, plan what to serve on Christmas Day, wrap gifts and clean the house! Yikes! I am going to try to keep a little time for creativity each day, but we shall see if that actually happens or not. LOL.

I wish you a Marvelous Monday my friends! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Marit said...

Oh Wow Michelle, you really want to play along every day??? How wonderful!!!! Only one day before the "top 2000 list" is published, (I'll put the link on my blog) and it all starts on Christmasday 12 pm (dutch time) I'm sooooo looking forward to this "Music week with my online friends"!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

love love love love love love this Michelle!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that photo and those ornaments!!! And I know U will be awesome at handling STM for us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

chris a said...

I also plan to do the top 2000 along with Marit and you and Jeanet and .... I love your magic layout and hope to get a chance to play along with STM this week - and congrats for the "promotion" - I know you will have a ball doing it. Have a super week!

Danielle Flanders said...

very cute!!

milkcan said...

Saw this page at SC and absolutely LOVED it! Awesome stuff!

Denise said...

Beautiful and such a great photo to go with! Miss you. Happy holidays and good luck with the Top 2000 and coordinating STM!

sarah said...

this is GORGEOUS!!! the title work is stunning!

merry christmas to you and your family!

hugs,
sarah.