Monday, August 10, 2009

Wailin' Jennys Memories...

Early morning greetings to you!

I've been working on my BASB layout and finished earlier this evening, so I want to share it with you! The challenge at BASB right now is to scrap your memorabilia. I haven't done that in a long time and it was really fun. I have a big box full of ticket stubs, receipts, flyers, posters, etc. that I haven't even looked at in ages; so I pulled it out and started digging. What I ended up with was a ticket from a Wailin' Jennys concert I went to with my good friend Becky back in 2006. I've seen them twice now, and both times I was absolutely mesmerized by their harmonies. Anyhoo, here's how the layout turned out (click the image to make it larger)...The stamped words are lyrics from their song "One Voice."

The journaling (around the blue stamped image) says:
One evening. Two friends (me and Becky). Three inspirational women. Beautiful.

I used the Homebody kit from SiSTV, plus teal cardstock, SiS gaffer tape (behind the title), thickers, a stamp by Ducks In A Row, Stampin Up alpha stamps and acrylic paint.

Oh and guess what? I cleaned up my whole mess afterwards! Yeayyy! My scraproom is still tidy!

Next on my list is the Next Step Challenge which should be up later today. I can't wait to see what it is!

I will be back tomorrow with a Project 365 update, but in the meantime I will leave you with a video of the Wailin' Jennys performing the song I quoted in my layout: "One Voice." Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

julie said...

love the lo! love the lyrics! love the group! love you!

i sent you a pm on sis. i hope you got it. my sent mail does not show that it was sent.

i'm doing fine. just sewing more now than scrapbooking. i've taken a few quilting classes. i'll post pics on flickr soon. do you have a flickr account? pm me on sis if you do.

xoxo
julie

Nathalie Kalbach said...

wonderful layout- love it so much!

Marit said...

Love it Michelle!
And to show you that "I like your style" - you should look at my blog today!

Emine said...

Hi

Love your page. thanks for sharing it.
I was looking for those stampin'up alphabet stamps... I need to keep searching, I don't think we can buy it here in holland.
Now I know the name THANKS

Emine

Anonymous said...

Love your page!Love that song too...thanks for sharing!
Just love to see all the techniques you're using on your projects..so colorful!

Anonymous said...

Great page! Love the song!!

milkcan said...

Love, love, love the stamping! Awesome stuff!

Carolyn Ward said...

I love that song! The Wailin Jennies slept in my basement one time - I'm friends with one of them and they crashed here one time on their way through on tour. What fun to find them on your blog!

katkni said...

Michelle,

The CD you made me with all those Wailin Jennys songs is still one of my favorites. Happy birthday!