Thursday, August 6, 2009

O is for One...

I've got one more completed page for the "Year In The Life of an Art Journal" project! Yeayyyy!

There are soooo many ways you could go with a prompt like "one." The first thing I thought of was the U2 song "One". Such a beautiful, emotional song. I LOVE the video for it too. It doesn't really apply to my life tho, so that wouldn't do. I had a number of different ideas, but in the end, ended up with this...I used the Heidi Swapp alphabet masks, an image of woman, cut from a magazine and used for a mask (a trick I learned from Dina Wakely), blue & slate glimmer mist, purple spray ink, masking tape, "authentic" stamp by Stampin Up, 7 gypsies gaffer tape, oil crayon and sharpies. I managed to work in the misting and masking for The Next Step challenge.

The journaling says "When I realized that I was enough all by myself, without anyone's approval or permission, that's when the world opened up. "

My book is starting to get thick and bulky and I LOVE that!

Next on my project list is the BASB challenge to use memorabilia in a layout. This will be super fun! I have a big box full of memorabilia. The tough part will be deciding which memorabilia to scrap!

I hope your week is going well and wish you a fabulous Thursday! Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Marit said...

Breathtaking page and journaling! I love the colours! And what you did IN the ink (with white oil crayon??? - I mean the little stars) Gorgeous!!! (PS I tagged you - it's on my blog - that is - if you wanna play)

erinrwillis said...

Your journaling is the best part of the page. Love it.

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

It looks awesome.
have a fabulous day too

xoxo
Emine

Nathalie Kalbach said...

oh this is so beautiful!

Pamela said...

This is awesome!

mandysea said...

Oh Michelle!!! You are SUCH an inspiration!
Its just stunning!