Saturday, July 4, 2009

Secret Sister Fun!

It's a hap hap happy Saturday! My scraproom is all clean and organized and I have the whole day to scrap - yeayyyyy!

But first, I want to take some time to tell you all about how the Secret Sister Swap went at SiSversary! First - I can finally reveal that the person I had as a secret sister was Stacey Fike. It was great having Stacey because we like a lot of the same things - she's into mixed media, so I could send her fun stuff like canvases, fabric and mediums! She was so sweet and said she really liked it all - so that made me feel great! I forgot to take a picture with Stacey - darn!!!

Next, here's how it went for me...

Our Secret Sister Reveal wasn't until Saturday at 3:30, but on Friday during one of my classes, I received this fabulous handmade journal....
how ADORABLE is this? It had all different kinds and sizes of papers on the inside....


and the front and back covers are a vintage children's book! I was so surprised and delighted!
I can't wait to turn it into a minibook or journal! I haven't decided which yet.

Then, on Saturday, before the swap time, I received ANOTHER fabulous present from my secret sis! Look at all this fabulous vintage stuff!!!
Just so you know, the package didn't say "from Andrea" on it when it arrived (LOL). I added that later. There are so many fun things in there it's incredible. Cute playing cards, game pieces, library cards, and so many different kinds of ephemera!

Then, on Saturday we gathered for the big reveal, and I was so surprised and excited to find out my secret sister was Andrea - (aka Scrappinandrea)!!! We had been corresponding on email so I felt like I knew her already, but it was so fun to find out who this sweet person was! So this was her final gift to me - it's a huge bunch of scrappy stuff - all in the theme of my favorite color - ORANGE !!! Gorgeous ribbons and fabrics, papers and embellies! OOH and one of my fave things - 7 gypsies gaffer tape!!! I love love love love love it!!!
This is me and Andrea at the reveal - she is such a sweetie! Thank you Andrea from the bottom of my heart! Not only for the ultra-cool gifts, but also for taking the time to get to know me!

If any of you ever have the chance to be in a secret sister swap, I highly recommend it! It's a lot of fun - especially if you make a new friend!

Okay, I'm off to have a full day of cropping now! Happy 4th of July my friends!

1 comment:

Nan said...

I love your picture with the twinny twin twin! Miss ya girl!