Thursday, July 30, 2009

Project 52 ATCs for July - Weeks 26 thru 30

I have discovered that I absolutely LOVE doing Artist Trading Cards in sets, rather than one at a time. There's something really fun about coming up with a theme, and trying to make each one different while still having some continuity throughout the set. Plus, I love seeing them all lined up together!

Anyhoo, I made my Project 52 ATCs for July as a set done with the June Studio Calico kit. Here's how they turned out (click on the image to see the details)...Link

Here's how the backs look. I used these fun vintage playing cards that I got at the thrift store, and then I totally forgot to make sure the cards were right side up when I designed the front - AARGH! Oh well, mistakes just give it charm, right? LOL
Next on my project list is the "L" page for my "A Year in the Life of an Art Journal" project. I can't wait to work on that tonight!

Did you see the prompt over at The Next Step this week? It's a cute little mini-album made to hold your sewing needles and pins. What a fun idea! I really hope to get time to do that one! It's not on my Project list, so I may have to sneak it in this weekend.

Today is the day that the new challenge goes up at the "These are a Few of my Favorite Things" blog. I can't wait to see what it is!

That's all the news for today. I hope you have a completely awesome and inspired Thursday! I will be back tomorrow with another update!

10 comments:

Stephanie Baxter said...

Love those ATCs!

McMGrad89 said...

Great ATCs. That so would have been me putting the cards upside down.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Those are so amazing!!!

lisa dickinson said...

LOVE your ATCs - I may have to try my hand at those :)

Lauren said...

CUTE ATCs... wish I was fiesty enough to try!

Terri said...

thank you so much for sharing these. I have just started playing with ATC's. Love the idea of using my SC kits.

erinrwillis said...

CUTE ATC's!! LOVE those vintage pics!!

Denise said...

When I saw your ATCs on SC I about dropped my jaw on the floor. They are just stunning. You make me want to be you creatively. :o)

Thanks for all the links. I cannot wait to check them out!

Kelly said...

Love love love them!!

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

hey you!! I LOVE THE ATCs! I am so glad I found your blog!!