Friday, June 5, 2009

Yippee Skippy it's Friday!

Happy Friday my scrapparific friends! This week has flown by! I'm excited because tomorrow is my monthly girls crop! My plan is to get there at 10 am when they open, so we will have almost 12 hours of cropping time. One thing I am hoping to purchase is some of the new Early Bird line from Cosmo Cricket. I'm totally enamored with the smiling toaster!

Okay, so I finished my project for the current challenge at The Next Step, which is to reinvent your old patterned papers. I took this old, rather bland black and white paper, and added some new painted circles with the leftover paint from last night's layout - a mix of turquoise and lime. Then I outlined and doodled with a white Sharpie. It was fun and got me inspired to do more of this - I have a ton of old papers that need revamping! Here's the result...

Tonight after work will be spent getting ready for the crop. I think I might print off some challenges, and work on those - that's always fun and freeing!

I hope you have a fantastic Friday! I will be back tomorrow with another update - take care and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

JgWM said...

So here we are again the night owls. Just love this time of night. I love your revamped paper. very creative. I think I actually have that paper or soem very similar. Thanks for visiting us every week!- Gayle

Marit said...

And here I am... the morning bird! Singing out loud - it's Friday! Lovely paper you made, Michelle!!! I defenitely have to work on old paper too... some I never liked or never use. You showed me that it can be made into something gorgeous! Happy Friday/weekend - have fun at the crop!

McMGrad89 said...

Awesome paper revamp, Michelle. I am still feeling a little jealous about the white sharpie. I still can't find one here. Regardless, I love that paper.

Unknown said...

That is so funky cool! I love what you did. I wanna see your finished LO! Don't forget to upload!

mandysea said...

Oh wow Michelle!! That paper is just soooo awesome!! You are such an artiste!!

Jeannie said...

michelle that is some awesome paper!

liz mataraza said...

what a cool idea for the paper! enjoy your cropping time and have a great weekend! hope you get your smiling toaster (he's waaay cute)!

Anonymous said...

This turned out incredible (of course) - your artwork is always so inspiring. xo

Denise said...

That's it...I'm getting some paint. Look what you have done to me! LOL! Will try revamping some this weekend and if it turns out I will share. Hmmm...

Have fun at your crop. Do you do it at Archiver's? Nosey, aren't I? You can tell me to mind my own business. LOL!

Unknown said...

that paper is rockin!

Julie said...

Love the paper you have altered up for next step. It is one thing I am goingto play along with if I get some time.

Thanks for the congrats on the shabby blog too.

chris a said...

Just love what you did with the pp. I am going to dig some old stuff out and try doing that too.

Lucy Edson said...

Love the fun pop of color you added to your paper, Michelle!! This is ready for the perfect project, now!! :)