Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The BASB Challenge...

The current challenge at the BASB blog is to create a layout about an artist that inspires you. I loved this idea for a challenge, and it made me think about Maxfield Parrish, who has long been an inspiration to me!

I had fun playing around with my paints, and ended up doing a double-page spread in honor of Mr. Parrish... Journaling reads:
I discovered Maxfield Parrish's work as a teen, and have been enthralled with it ever since. His intense colors, the way he created light in his paintings, and the unique whimsy of his illustrations are all so inspiring. Maxfield Parrish 1870 - 1966. A truly magical artist.

Materials used include:
Brown textured cardstock, acrylic paint, images from a book about Mr Parrish, a white glaze pen, white sharpie, purple thickers and white remarks alphas.

and here are a couple of closeups:


So, what artist inspires you?

I will be back tomorrow with a Project 365 update. Take care my scrappy friends, and thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

woooww- that is gorgeous!!!

Marit said...

This is truly beautiful! I love the deep blue colour, it's like the light coomes shining from the LO. Wow!

mandysea said...

OMG! You've just blown me away!!!
Soooo talented girl!

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

Very cool LO!!!! I love the way you use color!!! very good choice!!

Bree mcconnell said...

I love the colors in this..... jonas gerard inspires me.... look him up on utube.....amazing....u inspire me too!!!!

Denise said...

So cool! My mom has some MP prints that belonged to *her* mother, and every time I go to an antiques market or show, I update her on their current "price" (they keep going up...and hers are in beautiful 1930s frames).

AlexM said...

This is gorgeous Michelle!