Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Art Journaling Article and Project 365 Week Twelve...

I'm so excited and honored to share that there is an article in today's SiSTV newsletter about my art journaling! I don't know how to link to it, but if you are a member of SiSTV you will get one in your email inbox!

Okay, on to Project 365! It is week twelve already, and here are my photos from last week:

Monday, March 16: This is a self portrait for a layout that I can't reveal yet.

Tuesday, March 17: I discovered a scrapbook store/gift shop in downtown White Bear Lake called The Gathering. I didn't buy anything, but I loved how they had the outside painted, especially the little dog on the door!

I printed this extra photo out 3x4 to use as a journaling spot.

Wednesday - March 18: Daughter Becca out for a walk in the wonderful weather!

Thursday, March 19: My sister Renee works in Studio City and sent me this photo (taken by one of her coworkers) of the Presidential Motorcade arriving at NBC studios for Obama's appearance on the Leno show. Fun!
Friday, March 20: I decided it might be fun to take a pic out my scraproom window on the first day of each season, so here it is on the first day of spring! This doesn't look very springlike does it? LOL. The blurry spot in the middle is a raindrop on my lens.


Saturday, March 21: Michael and I went on our first spring walk in the neighborhood.
These photos turned out blurry, but they captured our mood that day so well, that I printed them out 2x3 anyway and included them together in place of the journaling spot for the day.


Sunday, March 22: We went for another walk - this time up to the hardware store to look for orange paint for our entryway - saw these cattails along the way. (There's a pair of ducks in the background if you look really hard)...

And here's how the finished layout turned out... (click to see it up close)
That's about it for today! I will be back tomorrow with another update! Have a happy happy day everybody!

3 comments:

Amber Zimmerman said...

Congrats on your art journal in the newsletter! Love what you're doing. So inspiring! =)

pamala said...

YAY! Congrats to you!!!

McMGrad89 said...

Great photos. You look 16 in that first one. Cute.

How amazing is that painted front door?!