Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm Starting My Third Art Journal...

Well hello there my friends! It's 4:05 in the morning and I spose I should be getting to bed, but I started my new art journal today and I really wanted to share my first pages in it! This is the inside cover...
I just felt like playing tonight so that's what I did. The pic is of my buddy Johnny. I used newspaper for one side of the background and my fave Jenni Bowlin paper for the other. The circle is an Izze Soda pop carton on one side and an itunes gift card package on the other. The big quote says "There is no must in art because art is free." ~Wassily Kandinsky; and the little quote (by Johnny) says "I dream my painting and then paint my dream." ~Vincent Van Gogh

I tried out my new Claudine Hellmuth's Studio line of acrylic paint (which was part of my Project Catwalk prize) for the rainbow and title block and I LOVE it! It's thick and rich and the colors are beautiful! I used Classic teal, sky blue and yellow pastel. Here's a pic...

I've got ideas for my next project, but since it is now 4:20 am, I better save that for later! I'll be back with another post tomorrow...

So, what's happening this weekend in your world? Are you working on any creative projects?

4 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Totally loving it!!! Awesome page and the colors are so rich!

claudine hellmuth said...

thank you for using my paints! so glad you like them!

Cassie said...

I love the idea of an art journal. You make it looks so effortless and easy! One of these days, I am going to stop threatening and get ta art journaling!!!

McMGrad89 said...

Great start!!! I too many irons in the fire to start one of my own, but I certainly enjoy see yours!