Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pondering Layout Sizes...

I love doing layouts in all different sizes. 12 x 12, 8 1/2 x 11, 6 x 12, 8 x 8, 6 x 6 - you get the idea. And I love the idea of having them all in one binder, so... being inspired by Ali Edwards, I did that this year. But here's the thing. When I flip through my album, I find that the smaller layouts tend to get swallowed up by the bigger ones. Know what I mean? The distraction of having the bigger layout behind it, makes it hard to focus on the small one in front. Here's an example:
do any of you have this problem? And if so, have you found a solution for it? I can't decide what to do. Maybe I need to start a separate album for each size?

I got an email from Creating Keepsakes that my Project 365 kit shipped - yeay!!! I can't wait to get it! I've been taking my photos and notes and I can't wait to start putting my album together!

I've been pondering what approach I want to take for Project 52, and I think I may have found it. I was really inspired when I saw my Scrapping The Music friend Alex's 52 ATCs she created in 2008 - one each week. They are so beautiful and I adore how they all look together! I love that idea and I think I will join her in doing that this year as my Project 52. Alex does hers on Sundays, but I think I will do mine on Wednesdays - starting this week! Thanks so much for the inspiration Alex!

That's all today folks, but I will be back tomorrow with more to chat about! Til then I wish you peace and happiness my friends!

5 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Well...lol- I if I finally would just put my layouts in all the binders I bought I could tell you :)

Anonymous said...

GIRL I still have to put my layouts in binders .. but maybe staring from the smallest to the biggest. So if you want to take it with you , you have that onefor that..and then you have the others for just 12x12, and so on .. Happy Tuesday

Rachel said...

I/m a 12x12 scrapper mostly BUT dabble in mini books and recently started an 8X11 book about me... ust fun stuff. I like the 8X11 better.... I can get a bit crazy with those pages :) Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I have no advice...mine are still in stacks. :):)
good for you for being so organized!

Cassandra West said...

Do you keep your in any kind of order? I've just started dabbing into 8 1/2 x 11 and I haven't had that problem yet... or maybe I do and just didn't notice :) The only thing I can think to do is move them around in your album till you don't have that problem or some kind of divider? Really not sure. Sorry I couldn't be more help!!