Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fun with Fabric...

My latest project with the December Crop Suey kit "Fast Food" is a fabric pouch to hold a minibook about my childhood dreams. The super-cute fabric brings me right back to my childhood, hence the idea for the minibook. Now I don't own a sewing machine, but this was simple to do and I completed it in one evening. Along with the fabulous Crop Suey kit fabric, I added some black checked fabric for the inside, and red pom pom trim.
I also drew a cloud on some craft foam and wrote the title of my minibook on it with a permanent marker. The rocketship bead is handmade and also comes in the Crop Suey kit!
I posted a complete step-by-step tutorial on how to make these at the Crop Suey blog yesterday. Click here if you would like to see it!

In other news, Scrapping The Music has started their holiday season with the Bing Crosby and David Bowie version of the song "The Little Drumer Boy." It's a real holiday classic, which I hope you will enjoy! Whether or not you celebrate christmas, there's a message of hope for Peace on Earth in the song, which is awesome! Come on over and see this classic video! I hope you will want to play along with us!

I hope your week is filled with creativity and singing and dancing and bright colors and tons of laughter!

2 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

This pouch is so cute- the fabrique is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw this on SiS and loved it.
Love the song at STM this week.
Sandra