Saturday, November 22, 2008

Reorganization Dreams Continue...

My stamps are out of control. I have too many. I used to be a Stampin Up Demonstrator and I collected a lot in those days, but I forget what I have, so I don't use them, and alot of them I have are no longer my style. Here's what they look like right now:

Even little Wilbie is amazed by the state of disarray they are in! So, here's my new idea - I found this at the Ikea website. Isn't it lovely??? I could just see decorating this up in pink and orange - maybe a little lime green thrown in. Perhaps some sort of groovy retro design on the drawer fronts...

I think as part of my reorganization project I need to purge my stamps down to the bare minimum. Only keep the ones I really love. And then buy one of the lovely cabinets pictured above and put it at the end of my scrappy desk - here (instead of the wobbly wood thing with the scarf tied around it): Then I can take the stamps out of those plastic containers and fill the drawers with them. How handy and lovely would that be???

It's good to have dreams...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO JEALOUS..I love your space so much, it is really cozy. Like I could come over and sit on yo flo and stretch out cozy. Thanks for coming through .. and girl I was jumping up and down when I opened thebox..I had NO idea .. I talked to him today, I miss him so much, he was laughing at me, cuz I was like umm no what .. he was like UGH just point and shoot and do tons of googling. So I joined Nikonians ..

Unknown said...

omg, look at all those stamps!! that drawer unit from ikea is great, and In can totally picture it michelled up--cute!! good luck with the reorganizing :)

M.Y. Creative Rose Garden said...

YAY......
We can work on our organization together.
I dont have all those stamps like you do but I sure would like that IKEA drawer thingie.
Oh...... Wait....... I HAVE NO MORE ROOM FOR ONE MORE PIECE OF FURNITURE IN HERE.....
YIKES...

I love the picture of your cats.
Too funny!!!

:0)

Anonymous said...

Girl,
I totally dig your space.
The colors are to die for,
and ooo ooo ooo i love that Ikea thingie.
Wish it would fit in my little cave.
( i have like a 6 feet by 4 feet wide little tiny unfinished room) maybe when the kids move out......lol)

I am sending you a little blog award today, hope you don't mind. I just loove visiting your blog as much as possible... you inspire me!
Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that hot pink and orange color scheme you got going on over there! And wall to wall, floor to ceiling storage? Oh, it makes me swoon!
ciao, d.