Friday, October 3, 2008

Thrift Store Treasures

"Be very gentle with yourself. Creative recovery is a healing process. You are capable of great things on Tuesday, but on Wednesday you may slide backward. This is normal."
~Julia Cameron

Hey everyone, it's Friday! Yeay! I went to my favorite thrift store yesterday and found all these goodies for a total of $7.10:
Aren't they fab? That's a whole roll of woodgrain contact paper for $.29! The tie-dye t-shirt is going on my 60's ATC swap cards, and how about those retro playing cards - 50 cents for two decks! I bought the halloween cards not to send to anyone, but for the funky images! Thrift stores are so inspiring!

I was going to post this last night, but I laid down for a nap after dinner and didn't wake up til this morning! What is that about???!!! 14 hours of sleep! I guess I was tired!!!

I still haven't done my Project Catwalk layout for SiSTV, so that will be my project for tonight. The rest of the weekend will be spent making more projects with the October Crop Suey kit, completing my 60's ATCs and getting ready for our trip! How about you - do you have scrapping time this weekend? Whatcha gonna create?

Oh hey, Tracy is giving away a RAK at the Crop Suey blog. The winner will be announced tomorrow. Head on over and check it out...

Oh and speaking of Crop Suey - there's a World Card Making Party over there tomorrow (which is World Card Making Day!). Come on over for some fun! I will be there as much as time allows. I am getting my haircut in preparation for honeymoon 2 (which is coming up next week!), but other than that I should be around!

Take care everyone - and happy weekend!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

holy cow woman! you got that all for under $7.00??? I'm so so jealous!!! awesome finds!

milkcan said...

What a fun bunch of stuff! That Brownie sash totally brought me back!

Glenda T. said...

You got some great stuff there!! When you say thrift store do you mean like a dollar store? That's what we have in Canada and you can get AWESOME stuff for a dollar and under!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Actually thrift stores here are more like a garage sale. It's used stuff that people donate and then they sell it in the thrift store and the proceeds go to charity! You can get some awesome and unique stuff!

Anonymous said...

Holy CR*P
That's a whole lot of stuff for 7 bucks. And I thought I was the thrift store goddess... I'm passing on the crown to YOU!

Hail Michelle the Thrift Store Goddess!

PS Glenda... we have thrift stores.. aka second hand stores.... Goodwills are everywhere in Canada. I'm in AB and i must have at least 5 favorite haunts I visit regularly.