Thursday, October 30, 2008

Project Catwalk: Finals - Week Two...

The list came out today for the top ten scrappers that will be going on to week three of the finals for Project Catwalk. I feel extremely excited and lucky to be on the list! The last challenge was to design a layout with supplies and photos that were sent to each participant - so we all had the exact same things to work with. The kit was an interesting mix of things that really didn't seem to go together at all - (I think that was meant to be the challenge of it). The only thing you could use that wasn't supplied for you was a black journaling pen and alpha stamps or stickers. Here's what I came up with:

The pink stars were cut from a "While you were Out" sheet, and the word "heart" was hand-drawn on the back side of the Birdie Sassafras paper that is in the bottom right-hand corner.

I discovered that I absolutely LOVE the funky black and white vintage-style Jenni Bowlin paper we got (used here for the background) - I simply MUST get a bunch of that for future layouts!

I will leave you with another sneak peek of the upcoming Crop Suey kit "Gelato." It will be available for purchase starting November 1st!
P.S. There are more sneak peeks of both November kits at the Crop Suey blog... Come on over and check it out!

I'll be chatting with ya again tomorrow! Until then - may the sun shine in your world no matter what the weather!

6 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

oh this is gorgeous- love the stars and design!

Marlies said...

Wow, that's so exciting about Project Catwalk, I am rooting for ya!

Great page!!

Anonymous said...

I love that layout......
Good luck next week. You can do it!!

Lauren said...

great cutouts from the PP

Anonymous said...

congrats girl you so deserve it.

looove the layout.. gotta try some alphas like that.. you really rock those

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That layout is sweet...I love the quote!