Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Scrapfest, Project Catwalk Week Nine, and Spontaneous Dancing!

Happy Monday everyone! Went to Scrapfest at the Mall of America this weekend and it was a lot of fun! Scrapfest, if you haven't heard of it, is a huge annual event that Archiver's puts on each year at this time. There are tons of vendor booths with free make and takes, and tons of workshops you can sign up for if you want to. There are special crops, and all kinds of new products! This is a pic of my friend Christina and I at the World's Largest Scrapbook page! How fun is that?!!!
And these are just a few of my favorite make and takes of the day. I love the little hambly notebook with the robot! And I got to try the new Zutter Bind-It-All! I love it!!! I made that little diecut chipboard spiral bound notebook with it. Inside are little page protectors - I can't wait to fill it up!
I came home happy, but exhausted and aching from head to toe! Being on my feet all day takes its toll on these old bones!

Saturday night it was time for the Project Catwalk Week Nine Posting over at SiSTV. The challenge this week was to make a 12 x 12 layout, using something in a way it's not intended to be used. Here's what I came up with:



It's a layout about my daily morning ritual with Willie and Johnny.

The journaling on the inside of the tag reads: "When I get up I sing GUTEN MORGEN KINDER! (at the top of my lungs, just like my 4th grade german teacher Frau Oplesch used to do), and they come running to me cuz they know it's love glove time! Willie gets so excited he jumps up and down and sings back. They get petted with the love glove, and their fur looks beautiful. and they purr. and I sing them a song. It's the song from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. It's always the same song. and they love it. and I love it. cuz I know they're happy."

On the front of the journaling tag are the lyrics to the Mr. Rogers song.

Okay, for the challenge of using something the way it's not intended to be used I did two things:

1. I painted the black texture on the background with the actual love glove! It has these plastic nubs all over it that pull off the dead hair when you pet the kitties with it. I dipped them in black paint and patted it on the red paper to create the polka dot texture. Then I poured black glitter on for a little extra sparkle. I added just a few extra dots up around the letters with marker where the love glove wouldn't reach.

2. I also took the fur that came off the cats during grooming and wound it into yarn, which I used to stitch along the left edge of the layout. The dark yarn at the bottom came from my black cat Johnny, and the blonde yarn came from Willie. It's so soft, and was surprisingly easy to work with!

This coming Wednesday is the final challenge of the ten-week series! I can hardly wait!

I will leave you with a video for a song that's been in my head constantly since I heard it on the radio this weekend. It's one of those songs that I feel COMPELLED to jump up and dance to whenever I hear it. Doesn't matter how tired I am! (Scroll down and pause the music player before you play the video):


Do you have any songs that just make you wanna DANCE? Link me up! I'd love to have more reasons to dance!

3 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

oh my gosh- I love the "Guten MOrgen Kinder"That is sooo cute!

Julie said...

Love your cat page too.

Nancywithajones said...

Those layouts are just toooo cute!!