Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm Crop Suey Kit Crazzzzyyyy!

OMG I had so much fun playing with my Crop Suey kit at my crop yesterday!!! There is so much fun stuff in this kit you won't believe it! One thing I love is all the awesome patterned paper! Alot of whimsical patterns which you can use whole or cut images from - I did both on my first layout:
The background paper is made by Hambly and this stuff is first class - it's hand silk screened, and you can tell by the texture of the paper. I thought it made the perfect backdrop for this pic I took of a dandelion in our neighborhood. Dandelions make me feel whimsical when they are in this stage, and I tried to convey that in my layout. Everything you see here is from the kit except the red duct tape, the paint and the sequins. I have another kit project I am working on that is almost done. I should be able to show it to you tomorrow!

More news on the Crop Suey front - I am going to be the regular Tuesday blogger at the ShopCropSuey blog! I'll be chatting about all things creative - with special attention to their monthly kits - come on over and visit! The fun starts this Tuesday!

The new song is up at Scrapping The Music (along with a tribute to Aleida). The song is "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart - and here's the layout I did for it:
The pic is of Michael and his son Stevie on our family vacation this summer. I loved how they looked walking up the path together that day, and this lyric just seemed to fit perfectly with it. I wrote the lyric right on the picture, with a Slick Writer from American Crafts. I also stamped in the bottom right corner of the photo, added some distressed bits of paper from the Cosmo Cricket Happy Camper Line, and stitched the sun with embroidery floss. Forever Young is a great song for a tribute layout for that special person in your life. Come on over and play!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love these Miceheel. I have a pic at home similar to the one that you used for the STM challenge so I may scrapnap your idea. If that is ok.

Anonymous said...

THUD! That is just some goodness girl I LOVE IT WOW .. love both LO's .. you go Michelle and thanks for the love sweetie pie