Monday, August 18, 2008

Allison Krauss @ Scrapping The Music and Project Catwalk Week Five

Hello and Happy Monday!!! It's another beautiful week here in Minnesota - the sun is shining and the birds are singing! I just got back from a family vacation (which was wonderful I might add) and am getting settled into real life again! Project Catwalk At SiStv was really fun this past week! The only rules were that the project had to be made from denim, be a wall hanging, and be at least 4 x 6 inches. Here's what I created:
I used an old pair of shorts, a twig from our tree in the front yard, letters from the SiStv beach bum collection (painted black), some fabric and trims (both vintage and new), hand-stitching with pink and orange embroidery floss, two iron-on patches and some beads and bells that I still have from my old jewelry-making days. It's going to go on our front door.

The new song at Scrapping The Music is "When You Say Nothing At All" by Allison Krauss. A beautiful song with lyrics that reminded me of Michael right away. Here's the layout I created for the challenge:
I'm looking forward to a fun week ahead! It will be a quiet week, so I will be doing plenty of scrapping! Yeay!!!

No comments: